Published on Animal Rescue Website About My Dog Ripley, 2010 by Terri Rimmer

In August 1997 my Jack Russell Terrier/Yelow Lab/Pug mix showed up in my driveway as if to say, "I'm home." I already had a dog and cat and really couldn't afford another pet but my friend talked me into keeping him and I'm so glad I did.
Because he was already acting like a guard dog defending the neighborhood I named him Ripley after the Sigourney Weaver character in "Alien" and he has lived up to every bit of it.
He's seen me through divorce, adoption, chronic illnesses, financial losses, pregnancy, deaths, severe depression, and numerous other obstacles in my life and is always there to get me off the couch and get me moving even when every bone in my body and my entire spirit screams "No!"
He's almost died twice and is on a special diet and medication for a liver condition but in August he will be 14 and I will have had him 13 years. Those years I wouldn't trade for the world and I always joke that if he was a guy I'd date him. He has all the right qualities except for being human. His loyalty, patience, curiosity, affection, tenderness, understanding, intelligence is unmatched by any other pet I've ever had and I hate to think of the day when he will no longer be with me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Clark Gets Death Penalty in Murder by Terri Rimmer - originally published by Nassau County Record, 1991 under my maiden name

The Role of Courtroom Sketch Artists by Terri Rimmer - originally published by Associated Content, 2007

Joy Journal By Terri Rimmer