Published Letter to the Editor of The Fort Worth Weekly - 2008

To the editor: Thanks a lot for the story last week on JPS. I used to be one of those patients until I got Medicare, and JPS told me I didn’t need their services anymore. So now I have to go to a regular doctor’s office, where I can’t afford the co-pays nine times out of 10.
My friend used to ask me why I didn’t go to JPS when I had severe asthma attacks. Well, by the time I’d been treated at JPS, I would’ve been dead. And I never understood why indigent patients have to pay for parking at a county hospital. I never could afford that, either. Besides, how am I going to run back and forth every hour or so and feed a meter while I’m waiting in the ER with a severe asthma attack? That never made sense to me.
Terri Rimmer
Fort Worth

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Clark Gets Death Penalty in Murder by Terri Rimmer - originally published by Nassau County Record, 1991 under my maiden name

Joy Journal By Terri Rimmer

The Role of Courtroom Sketch Artists by Terri Rimmer - originally published by Associated Content, 2007